Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Homemade Flour Tortillas



I've had some time off lately and finally got a chance to do some organizing! Now that it's done, I've been able to keep on top of the housework, which has left me with a little bit of time to experiment in my kitchen! Since we've been trying to make more food homemade rather than buying processed products, I decided to try making spinach tortillas this afternoon. I've tried them before and the results weren't great but today I found a new recipe and they were a success! Beside for the fact that no matter how hard I try, I can't get them even close to actually being round. Oh well....

Price Breakdown
Store bought (8 Pack): $3.00
Recipe Cost (8 Tortillas): $0.85

Making your own tortillas will save you $2.15 per pack. If you buy tortillas once a month, you could save almost $26 a year and if you buy them weekly, you'd save over $100! Plus, they're really good. I admit to eating one while making the rest and I almost ate a second one.

My spinach tortillas. They may be slightly deformed,
 but they are still completely delicious!

Click here for the recipe I used from Hot Pot Cooking. I made spinach tortillas but the site also gives instructions for making regular ones. 






No comments:

Post a Comment